waste bags that are meant to fit personal sized shredders.
Things to Keep In Mind
Prices vary widely, but there are some other things to consider. To find the best, well-constructed machine, usually an included warranty is a good sign; if it features a long warranty on the cutter, it will probably last a while. To help you find the right shredder for your needs, we have some ideas for you to ponder:
* How many people will be using the shredder? If it is simply meant for home or personal office use then get a general office machine is suitable for handling up to 36,000 uses per day.
* How thoroughly destroyed should your documents be? Do you need it "diced" into maximum level of security that adheres to even the NSA's stringent requirements?
* What is the volume of paper that you shred? How many sheets must it do at once?
* Should the shredder be capable of shredding plastic as well, such as CDs, DVDs and credit cards?
* How fast must it work?
* What safety features do you need so that your child can't hurt himself or shred your paycheck? Look for locking features.
* You can extend the life of any type of shredder by investing in paper shredder oil. A little of these products might go a long way.
Acclaimed Paper Shredders
These shredders have received serious attention in many office publications and are considered top-rated.
Paper Shredder Alternative
If you need to dispose of your documents, but would prefer to avoid the messy scraps of a shredder or destroy the document beyond any possible reconstruction, then Spy Paper, may be your best option. Dissolvable paper will become completely illegible and turn into mush just seconds after contact with any liquid.